Sunday, March 25, 2007

Creamy Potato Soup

Hello Ladies,

I thought I would post a couple of simpler meals. This soup is a family favourite.

3 T. Butter
1 Onion, diced
4 - 6 large potatoes, cubed
3 T. fresh Parsley chopped or a generous sprinkle of dried parsley
3 stalks Celery, chopped
2 large Carrots, chopped ( I use 3-4 easily, we love carrots)
2 t. Salt ( Half when preparing, half to taste when done)
1/4 t. Paprika
Water - enough to almost cover the vegetables in the pot

Saute onion in butter until tender. Add remaining ingredients and cook until vegetables are tender. Add white sauce (recipe below) and stir until blended and heated through. Serves 8 or more.

White Sauce
4 T. Butter
2 T. Flour
1/2 t. Salt
Pepper to taste
4 cups Milk

Melt butter, stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring about 1 minute, then whisk milk in, and stir until it is gently boiling and has thickened. Doesn't need to be super thick, it will thicken even more in the soup.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I just served this soup for the Smith's. . .it is one of my favourite soups that my mom makes.