OUR SOMETIMES DINNER ON A SNOWY WINTER'S DAY
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups warm milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside. Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended.
- Whip egg whites until stiff and fold into waffle mixture.
- Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve immediately.