Friday, August 1, 2008

::Banana Cream Yogourt::

THIS RECIPE IS ONE FROM MY CHILDHOOD. MY FIRST TASTE WAS AT THE GANZ FARMHOUSE. I LOVED IT THEN. I LOVE IT NOW. IT'S FRESH AND DELICIOUS. IT'S ALSO LIGHT AND RELATIVELY HEALTHY.

Instructions:
1 (750g) tub of plain yogourt. (2% or higher)
8 Tbs sugar
8 Tbs oats
Juice from 1 and a half oranges
Juice from half a lemon
2 mashed bananas
2 diced bananas
1 1/2 cups whipped cream

Instructions:
1. Mix sugar and oats into the yogourt. Set for 1 hour, so the oats can soften.
2. Add remaining ingredients and serve.

NOTES: Top with fresh berries if you want.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a delicious summer dessert... and I honestly have the worst memory in the world because I probably had it with you at some point when we were kids and just can't remember... did I? Or did you all have it without me?

Anonymous said...

sorry, a name would've been nice eh? That last comment was Elisha. :)

Johannah said...

Elisha,
I remember your mom serving it out of a HUGE bowl at your kitchen table. I don't think you kids were around. Apparently this recipe is similar to your mom's, but with more sugar. We should ask if she remembers it.