Caelah and I made this recipe while studying the pioneering days. It is autumn comfort food. I made a few changes: I used celery salt, instead of celery. No potatoes. And just navy beans.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion (Chopped )
- 1 garlic clove (Chopped )
- 4 medium potatoes (Cubed )
- 4 medium carrots (Chopped )
- 2 stalks celery (Chopped )
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes (Chopped )
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil (Chopped )
- 1 cup peas
- 2 (14 ounce) cans romano beans
- 2 (14 ounce) cans white kidney beans
- 1 cup pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons parsley (Chopped )
- romano cheese (Grated)
- Saute onion in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, potatoes, carrots, and celery.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and basil.
- Boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add green beans, peas, both beans and pasta.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add parsley and serve sprinkled with cheese.